Michi's Sprite Construction Kit
The Sprite Construction Kit is a program to put several images into a single file. You can also edit the images with a set of tools. You will find some Visual Basic sample code explaining to use the sprites in your Visual Basic game on my VB-page or download my sprite player example here. I programmed the Sprite Construction Kit, because I wanted an easy way to create the sprite files for my game "winfighter". The program is freeware.
The Sprite Construction Kit v1.0 beta 2 features:
- Functions to combine several images into a single file
- Import and export parts of your sprite
- Rotation function to rotate images of your sprite
- Import filters to load files in the ".GIF", ".JPG, ".RLE", and ".BMP" format.
- A build in paint program
- Batch functions, to automate recuring commands
- And, and, and, ... (suggestions are welcome)
Download and installation instructions:
1. Download the file and save it in an empty directory.
2. The file is self extracting. Simply double click on it to extract it
3. Run the program "setup.exe" and follow the instructions
Download Sprite Construction Kit (with runtime files) 1.5MB
If you downloaded a previous version of Sprite Construction kit, you do not need to download the runtime files again.
- If the rotation function does not work right, try switching to a different screen-mode.
If you have 16 million colors it seems to work fine.